- This event has passed.
Church Safeguarding Lead Coordinator Training
13 February 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
A zoom link will be emailed to you 24 hours before the event, this training is in 2 parts, one online learning module then a follow up face to face facilitated workshop via Zoom with other delegates. The E-learning module link will be sent out so please also check your spam email.
This training is intended for this staff who have lead responsibility for safeguarding within the church or organisation. This course covers the responsibilities of the safeguarding lead from a biblical perspective and an evangelical frame of reference. It addresses all of the key areas that the designated person needs to understand, including
- understanding safeguarding and abuse,
- responding appropriately to concerns of allegations of abuse
- supporting staff and volunteers in the discharge of their duties,
- working confidently and competently with local statutory services,
- the importance of effective systems,
- the importance of culture managing concerns and referrals etc