- This event has passed.
Essential Awareness in Safeguarding for Church Staff and Volunteers
18 July 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This session is designed to support church staff and volunteers in their roles when working with Children, Young People and Adults at Risk of Abuse. This event is in 2 parts. One E-Learning module and a face to face session via zoom.
The training is fully compliant with current government legislation and guidance, whilst maintaining a biblical focus. There is an online elearning module to be completed first, followed by a face to face trainer facilitated zoom session with other delegates. Included in the session
- Signs and indicators of abuse
- Definitions of the catergories of abuse
- When things concern you, what do you do?
- Recording and reporting harm to a child/young person
- Responsible reporting (whistleblowing)
- Barriers to reporting concerns
- Supporting a healthy culture in church
- The Safeguarding Spectrum and thresholds for services