- This event has passed.
Safeguarding Coordinator/ Designated Safeguarding Lead Person
June 20 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Includes the legislation and guidance in all the regions of the UK
Training 6.5 hours
One online e-learning module followed by a face to face facilitated zoom training session to reflect and to discuss case studies with other delegates. This focuses on DSL’s at an operational level and is around roles and responsibilities and how DSL’s should carry out their functions. It includes:
- the responsibilities of the safeguarding lead from a biblical perspective and an evangelical frame of reference.
- It addresses all of the key areas that the designated person needs to understand, including:
- understanding safeguarding and abuse
- responding appropriately to concerns of allegations of abuse
- supporting staff and volunteers in the discharge of their duties
- working confidently and competently with local statutory services
- the importance of effective systems
- the importance of culture managing concerns and referrals etc