Duration: 3 hour face to face practical training + one e-learning module
This course is aimed at those who have the lead role and responsibility for the safeguarding of children, young people and adults within the church or organisation.
It is fully compliant with Working Together to Safeguard Children, and Local Safeguarding Children's Partnership procedures and is modelled around the guidance for schools and Early Years settings.
This course covers the responsibilities of the safeguarding lead from a biblical perspective and an evangelical frame of reference. It addresses all of the key areas that the safeguarding coordinator needs to understand, including
- understanding safeguarding and abuse,
- responding appropriately to concerns of allegations of abuse,
- supporting your staff and volunteers in the discharge of their duties,
- working confidently and competently with local statutory services,
- the importance of having effective systems,
- the importance of culture managing concerns and referrals etc.
The course is interactive and uses a variety of approaches. Certificates referencing national guidance will be issued.