I’ve spent my career in social care, you explained the safeguarding spectrum in such a way that made so much sense for a church. You start where churches are at!
Duration: One day 9:30am - 16:30pm Half a day Refresh training 9:30am - 1pm
Online: 3 hour face to face practical session + one Elearning module
This face to face course is aimed at those who have either regular supervised or any form of unsupervised contact. This includes whether its regular or infrequent contact with children and young people. This would certainly include Children and Youth Workers, Sunday School Teachers, Mentors or those involved in pastoral work with children etc.
The training is fully compliant with current government legislation and guidance, whilst maintaining a biblical focus. We cover the below in an interactive way to enable learning. We facilitate group discussion, and consider case studies to help understanding around where church, our outreach and ministries fit with safeguarding
- Biblical principles
- Signs and indicators of abuse
- Definitions of the categories of abuse
- When things concern you, what do you do? Who do you go to?
- Recording and reporting harm about a child/young person
- Responsible reporting (whistleblowing)
- Barriers to reporting concerns
- Confidentiality and Information sharing
- Supporting a healthy culture in church
- The Safeguarding Spectrum and thresholds for services
Face to Face - When delivered on your premises to your team, the cost of the course for up to 25 people is £500 for a full day and £300 for a half day plus travel costs.
Larger groups can be accommodated for an additional cost so please call us to discuss. This cost includes all materials, resources, certificates etc. Travel is charged from Loughborough, Leicestershire (i.e. the return journey).
Online £25.00 per person. Book here