Safeguarding Coordinator/Designated Safeguarding Lead Person
Includes the legislation and guidance in all the regions of the UK
Part One: One line e-learning module
Part Two: 3 hour trainer facilitated zoom session
One online e-learning module followed by a face to face facilitated zoom training session to reflect and to discuss case studies with other delegates. This focuses on DSL's at an operational level and is around roles and responsibilities and how DSL's should carry out their functions. It includes:
- the responsibilities of the safeguarding lead from a biblical perspective and an evangelical frame of reference.
- It addresses all of the key areas that the designated person needs to understand, including:
- understanding safeguarding and abuse
- responding appropriately to concerns of allegations of abuse
- supporting staff and volunteers in the discharge of their duties
- working confidently and competently with local statutory services
- the importance of effective systems
- the importance of culture managing concerns and referrals etc
Training dates here
- more dates and to be added soon!
- Please phone us for more information 07960 751778
"Safe and Sound" Session - Church Leaders & Trustees and faith based organisations
Includes all the legislation and guidance in all of the regions of the UK
These online Elearning sessions are for Leaders, Officers, Church Trustees and for faith based organisations.
Followed by a Q & A consultation session for approx 1.5hours to support Churches to achieve best practice in safeguarding in a biblically faithful way, covering all of the below:
- Effective policies, procedures and systems
- Developing a healthy and protective culture
- Effective staff and volunteer recruitment
- Developing confidence and competence
- Effective auditing of systems and processes
- Ensuring effective accountability for all
- Integration of all of the above elements to create a healthy culture & a safe environment
Please call us for our Safe&Sound Events for Church Leaders & Trustees
Essential Awareness in Safeguarding for Church/Charity Staff & Volunteers
Children Young People & Vulnerable Adults at Risk of Abuse - for Church Staff and Volunteers
The training is fully compliant with current government legislation and guidance, whilst maintaining a biblical focus.
Part One: online e-learning module to be completed first,
Part Two : followed by a 3 hour face to face trainer facilitated zoom session with other delegates.
Included in the session
- Signs and indicators of abuse
- Definitions of the categories of abuse
- When things concern you, what do you do?
- Recording and reporting harm to a child/young person
- Responsible reporting (whistleblowing)
- Barriers to reporting concerns
- Supporting a healthy culture in church
- The Safeguarding Spectrum and thresholds for services
*** Face to Face Training for your whole church
We can deliver bespoke "in house" training to your church. Costs for a full day's training is £500 for up to 25 people. For numbers over 25 we charge an excess of £20 a head up to 35 people.
A guide to our timings:
- A full day is 9:30 till 16:30
Costs for half a day's training is £300 for up to 25 people. For numbers over 25 we charge an excess of £10 per head for up to 35 people.
- A half day is 9:30 till 1pm
- An evening session is £300.00 6:30pm till 9:30pm or 7 till 10pm*
*Please phone to discuss your requirements if you need anything different.
Mental Health Awareness for Churches Training 1 full day
Our Mental Health Awareness session is a full days training covering the sensitive issues around mental health, addressing the stigma, uncertainty and the fear that is often present in some of our churches.
We seek to help churches, in a safe and nurturing environment to talk through mental health from a biblical perspective and we facilitate open conversations around some of those concerns and apply principles in ways to support and to help and encourage.
For cost of delivery, please call 0116 218 4420
We cover topics such as:
- Depression, Anxiety, Anxiety disorders, Suicide, Self harm, Eating disorders Bi Polar, Psychosis Dementia
We aim to make our training as cost effective for churches as possible, we can be flexible with delivery for example:
- Local Churches could share costs with each other
- Discounted or free places if your church is used as a venue
- In 2019 we will be offering the Train the Trainer safeguarding package to churches
We are keen to spread the network of training wide and would really appreciate any offers from churches or organisations who would be willing to rent out some space to us so we can:
- add more events
- recruit more trainers
- Increase the Christian Safeguarding Services Trainer's Network.