How does it work?
We provide a range of standard courses covering the most common safeguarding requirements. We deliver these in various ways:
- Delivery to a whole team (or teams) within a local church or faith-based organisation
- Delivery to a group of churches/ organisations who combine the teams for cost effectiveness
- Attendance at one of our courses that can be purchased on a "per seat" basis
Where courses are delivered to a church/organisation or group of churches or organisations, we will tailor the course to ensure it is meeting the needs of those who attend.
Courses can be tailored in various ways, for example:
- Focus on specific age groups of specific safeguarding themes of local importance
- Focus on a specific population/demographic eg. adults with learning disabilities, etc.
- More or less biblical / theological content
- Emphasis on engaging attendees, informing them of the issues or deepening and developing existing skills
Many of the standard courses have the option of an update / refresh session that is aimed at staff and volunteers who have previously attended a full safeguarding training course.
We also deliver on a range of specific safeguarding themes such as:
- Social media
- Abuse related to faith of belief systems, (eg. forced marriage, honour-based violence, breast ironing, witchcraft and demon possession etc.)
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Domestic Abuse
When delivered on your premises to your team, the cost of the course is
£300 for a half day or £500 for a full day plus travel costs for up to 25 people. Larger groups can be accommodated for an additional cost so please call us to discuss. This cost includes all materials, resources, certificates etc. Travel is charged from Loughborough, Leicestershire (i.e. the return journey).
The most popular or churches is a full day's training which includes 1/2 day safeguarding children & young people plus a 1/2 day session with strategic leads in the second half of the day.
For more information about these courses, please contact us either by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0116218 4420